THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

(Recap)

Tuesday, September 4, 2007


March 15, 2007 was an amazing nerve wracking day. Something we thought would never happen took place. Connor was neutered. From there bonding took a few twists and turns.



*Begin Quote*

(March 17, 2007)Looks like bonding between Elvis, Dallas, and Teresa is going to take a back burner. My DH and I have talked about it a lot and we would rather try and bond Connor and Elvis first. We are worried that Connor could end up alone. The two boys get along and either way we are willing to work at it. Connor has groomed him through the bars. No aggression.

(April 9, 2007)Well bonding here has been interesting. I got a nice chunck out of me for trying. It turns out Elvis is the one starting things with others. Than tries to look innocent after.




After awhile bnetween Dallas, Teresa, and Elvis they start picking on each other. Then after a bit the are fine. Then it starts again.

Between Dallas, Teresa, and Connor there has been grooming, sharing food, and just being near each other. There has been no aggression.

Between Elves and Connor... The first time Elvis saw connor he lunged out of my husband's hands and went straight for Connor. I was holding Connor so I covered him with my hands. He is so tiny it wasn't hard. Elvis managed to give me a nice bite on my hand.

Since that day we tried it one more time. Holding both tight. Poor Connor was so scared we put Elvis back. Took out Dallas and Teresa and he was fine.

How's this for bonding? I made a huge pen, divided it in half and then divided one half of that in half. Dallas and Teresa in the big half, Elvis and Connor each in one of the smaller ones.











(April 10, 2007)

Well the pen thing yesterday went well. No trying to attack each other. Connor is a little aggressive with grooming. He left poor Elvis with a little bald patch. They flop out next to each other through the cages. I plan on doing a week not changing the sheet, rotating them in everyday. Let them get used to each other's smells. Maybe a few weeks of this before I actually try and put Elvis and Connor together.









(April 18, 2007)


Well today right now I mean it right this second I am working with Dallas, Teresa, and Elvis.




Dallas is no longer trying to kick Elvis' butt. He is now mounting him. Elvis is just taking it (started today). I let him do it a little but I spray if they keep at it. Mind you he doesn't do it more than a few minutes. Yesterday I had Dallas, Teresa, and Connor together. I would say the same about them.




Dallas is such a butt. He is trying to say he is boss by beating people up. HELLO DALLAS! NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT! So chill!



(April 20, 2007)




I stopped trying with Elvis. He is just being a punk about it. So we started concentrating on just Dallas, Teresa, and Connor. Which seems to be going great!




I left them together almost all day yesterday, half the day before. We put them together this morning at 9am and it is now 4:37, they are still together and no fighting what-so-ever! Which is something I cannot say about the duo with Elvis. So as long as they keep getting along tonight we will try Connor, Dallas, and Teresa in the duo's cage. Then if that goes well we will try them in Connor's. If that goes well we will try it for a few days before making a bigger cage.


















(April 21, 2007)




5 hours in Dallas and Teresa's cage, no issues yet.













(April 22, 2007)




They spent the night together and nothing. Ok, well nothing bad. They groomed, shared pellets, cuddled and so on.












*End Quote*



**********




To Be Continued...

No comments: